Monday, August 20, 2007

25 - Answer(s)

And now, a special All Babies edition! I feel pretty ridiculous answering these, given my current status as an unmarried childless male, but I'll give it a shot.

Q: Eric Democko - On what date, and at what time will our baby be born? (due date=2/11/08)
A: As far as I understand, children of first-time mothers are often born late. I was born about a week late, and pretty much every mother I can think of had a similar experience. With that information in mind, I think tacking a few days on to your date would be wise, so my guess is going to be 2/16/08.

While we're on this topic, I think it might be time for a Jolinko Baby Pool. Maybe when you two get closer to your delivery date you could set that up. It could certainly be a fun way to pass the time.

Q: Nicole Maloney - while we're on the topic of babies... Lucas will be 1 year old on 8/29, should I have another one now, or wait? :-) hehehehe
A: First, congratulations to you and Glenn for getting through your first year as parents, and also happy birthday to Lucas. I hope that he remains a happy and healthy baby, at least until it's time for him to become a toddler :).

The wording of your question tells me that you've already decided to have more children, which is something I wholeheartedly support. Children should have siblings; I have a younger sister, and she made growing up a lot more interesting. We've had our share of good times and bad, but on the whole I wouldn't trade her in for anything. I'm sure that everyone here who has siblings will tell similar stories. So I think that your desire for more children is a good thing, and I say go for it!

As to timing, there are many theories out there, and I won't pretend to be an expert on any of them. Some people think that you should space them out by three or four (or more) years, while others think that you should have them in quick succession. I also know of several couples that had one or two children early, then waited another ten years before having more. I'm not sure I like that; doing it that way almost creates two separate families due to the large differences in age between the children. With that said, the decision is obviously one best left to you and Glenn. Now that you've been through pregnancy you know what to expect, and thus you're better prepared for the experience. On the other hand, this time you'll have a one year-old to deal with at the same time, which I'm sure will complicate things greatly.

So what's my answer? I guess I think you should have another child sooner rather than later, but again, it's your call. Best of luck, you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment