Sunday, August 6, 2006

2 - Answer(s)

Q: Sarah LaBombard - Are you taking over for Jeeves since he retired?
A: Actually, I hadn't considered that. I don't have the programming skill, nor the time to take on that type of task. Furthermore, I don't like wearing tuxedos :).

I'll use the occasion of your question to explain a bit further what it is that I'm doing here. I believe that in order to find the right answers you must first ask the right questions. About two years ago I started collecting some questions about conventional wisdom and popular culture. I'll keep these to myself for now, but I used the questions to explore my feelings on subjects. What I'm doing here on Jolinko is a request for more questions to answer. I don't claim to have the answers, and if my initial request sounded like an arrogant, I-know-more-than-you type of thing, then I apologize for not explaining myself fully. So bring on questions. Any topic, any subject, any level of detail. I'll tackle it!

Q: Brett Gobe - How is your French coming along?
A: Not too badly, actually. I can ask for directions, tell people I don't understand French, and say "please" and "thank you". Hopefully I don't get my ass kicked.

For those of you who don't know, I'm going to Paris and London with Allison and the Blackmers's's. We're leaving tomorrow and coming back next Tuesday. There will be many pictures taken, many stories to tell, and you'll get both when I come back.

Q: Bill Jeffers - What the hell is wrong with me?
A: I'm tempted to say something like "Bill, there aren't enough bytes on the Internets to explain this", but that's too easy. I'm also tempted to go the other way and start calling your friends and family to get their impressions. Maybe even do some psycho-analysis on you. But I'm afraid of what I'd find. Really. So we'll go with door number three: "A lot."

See you guys when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment