Thursday, November 2, 2006

13 - Answers

Q: Brett Gobe - Klondike Bars and milk? That's alot of dairy.
A: Yeah, I realized that after I posted the answer. Good thing I’m not lactose intolerant.

Q: Adam Barnello - What do you do with a drunken sailor early in the morning?
A: This question comes from the song of the same name. The song is originally titled Sailor’s Holiday, and it’s a traditional “sea shanty”, or work song. The song begins:

What do you do with a drunken sailor (x3)
Early in the morning!

There are many verses which can be sung following this same style. Here are just a few that I find rather funny:

- Put him in the long boat till he's sober,
- Shave his belly with a rusty razor.
- Put him in bed with the captain's daughter.
- Rub him really smooth until he guffaws
- Threaten him with sharks til his’s sober

What would I do with a drunken sailor early in the morning? That would depend on the situation. If I were aboard a ship with said drunken sailor, I might join him. It would also depends on what the drunken sailor is doing. If he’s just sitting around being drunk, I wouldn’t have much of a problem with that. If he’s being belligerent and annoying, I’d probably do something about it. Like kick his ass or something.

I guess in the end my final answer is that I would interview him. Since he was drunk it would make the interview funny, and since he's a sailor he's undoubtedly done some traveling and seen some interesting things.

Q: Bill Jeffers - When will California fall into the ocean?
A: According to the atrocious NBC made-for-TV miniseries "10.5" it’s already happened. In reality, it'll happen many thousands of years from now. Though to be totally accurate California won't "fall into the ocean", but rather break off and become an island. So the answer to your literal question is "never".

Q: Karyn Graves - Will a 2.5 yr old enjoy a trip to DisneyWorld? Will he remember any of it?
A: I would say that your son would definitely enjoy a trip to Disney World. The sights, the sounds, the sheer "Disney Experience" all add up to a great time for kids of all ages (man, I sound like a commercial here). I think he's on the young end of the scale, but there's still plenty there to entertain him (and you and Kevin too).

As far as remembering anything about it, I have to say that I doubt it. As part of my research I asked Allison this question, and she told me that she went to Disney World when she was 3.5. She has only vague memories of the trip, and those are mostly of a side trip that her family took to Cape Canaveral. On my end, I went to Disney Land when I was about 5 years old. I remember bits and pieces of the experience, such as the flight over and going on various rides. Judging from this rather limited sample, I'd say that he might remember things like seeing his favorite Disney character walking around, or possibly a parade, but as far as life-long memories go that's probably unlikely. Let me know how it turns out!

Q: Brad Pettengill - How much halloween candy can I eat without getting sick
A: Two pounds. Not more. Any more than that and you’ll risk all sorts of unpleasantness for anyone who happens to be around you. I'm talking gastric difficulties on an epic scale. Mark my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment